Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day~

I think this year's Father's Day was the most "eventful" one for me.. Well, at least we did a lot of things to prepare for the day. Usually, we would go out for dinner to celebrate. If not, then it would be take away. But this year, we made everything.. =)

My mom, my sis and I worked together to prepare all the food stuff.. Saturday night, we baked the Chocolate Walnut Buttercake with Chocolate Whip Cream~ Yummy! We started baking around 7:30p.m. and we only managed to finish everything(including washing up) at 12:15a.m. So long right? Coz we had to mix the things in the mixer for quite a long time if I were to say.. After that, the cake took 1 hour and 15 minutes to bake, another 1 hour and 15 minutes to cool, and then to make the whip cream and "decorate" the cake took us around half and hour.. Who would know that it would take such a long time to bake and present a cake.. Haha.. But anyways, we made it and we slept around 2a.m.

I had to wake up around 7a.m. today as my family were going to have breakfast with my grandauntie who had came back from Australia.. Breakfast was ok.. We ate at The Emperor.. The service was bad.. We had to "self-service" and we also kept asking for desert but still no one came to take our order.. =.=" So, in the end, we payed and and my mom, sis and I went to church straight after..

My dad made Tong Sui all of a sudden. When we came home from church, he said to me: "I made the yam and sweet potato tong sui. Don't know how to make la.. Just simply boil only.." But it turned out nice. Like those selling in the stalls. Although it is not my favourite, but I drank a boil.. Yummy~ We even ate the cake that we baked. Can see that today was full of carbs.. Lol.. Getting fat already~ @.@

Around 5p.m., just as we were going to prepare dinner, we realised that the appliances in the kitchen wasn't working.. My dad said that the current must have tripped and we had to wait till the next day to call the maintainance guy to come fix it.. But luckily, we could extend the plug to the sockets in the dining area and we managed to use the oven and to plug in the fridge. Praise God.. So, we made everything according to plan: Tiger Prawns with Mozerella Cheese, Buttered Rice with Raisins and Onions plus Garlic Bread.. Yum yum!

Well, I guess we really need to give all glory to God as He really helped us in many things.. He had made sure the mixer functioned well(the last time we used it, there was smoke!), He managed to make the cake turn out well, He made sure that dinner was still able to be prepared, He made sure that we would not need to worry about anything as He will be in everything! My God is really awesome! =)

Oh ya.. I even made a card for my dad.. Wanna see? Haha.. Actually, it is a cross stitch that I did and pasted it on papers..

No comments:

Post a Comment