Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Coincidence or something more?!

Last Sunday, my church announced that it was going to have its own 'broadway production' based on Andrew Lloyd Weber & Tim Rice's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat during the month of December in view of Christmas. The next day(Monday), I was reading a book and "Andrew Lloyd Weber & Tim Rice's Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat" appeared in the context of the book.

Today, I read a forwarded email from my friend about Creative Bento(Japanese Lunch) Boxes and I saw one picture under the heading of "I Wanna Rock & Roll All Nite". It was further explained that the bento was made by Susan Yuen who chose to make Gene Simmons of the popular band, KISS.

When I saw this picture, I remembered that I've heard of this band for the first time from a movie last Saturday night(Role Models).

This two incidents got me thinking. If I had not heard of the play in church, the play title in the book would have meant nothing to me. If I had not watched that movie, I wouldn't have understood the picture that I saw. And then I further thought that isn't it weird how things in life can be set in a way that it gradually make us understand particular things and principles. I'm not referring to the two incidents above. I'm talking about the bigger things in life.

Things like this make me believe even more that events and encounters in life have been planned out for us from the beginning after all. If not, how can we explain all that happens to us? I choose to believe that God is really a true God who plans everything out for us and directs our path. To let us face things at the right time, to let us learn things in the right proportions, the let us feel emotions under the correct circumstances, etc. just to prepare us for the future.

Jeremiah 29:11
I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.


Doesn't that about says it all?

1 comment:

Terry Tee said...

yahooooooooo weleiwelei ugagaga ugagaga!!!!!
You updated ur blog~~~~~~~~~XDDDDD
And u said u were goin to close down it b4!!!!
Thank god u din!!!! XDD

Post a Comment